It is no secret that the relocation process is challenging for everyone, but it can also be very confusing and stressful, particularly for the first-timers. When you prepare to move, you have to deal with several responsibilities simultaneously, but the majority of the people fail to do that. That leads to confusion and frustration on the day of moving. If you want to complete the move without any chaos, make your plans early and execute them perfectly and at the right time.
That is why people usually prefer to hire reliable removalists in Adelaide to get the job done. They have experience and skill to complete your move in a hassle-free manner and also let you focus on other aspects of moving. Whether you are making a DIY move or taking the help of the professionals, you need to follow a checklist.
Here is a complete moving checklist for your next house move.
6 to 8 Weeks before Moving Day
When you are planning to move, it is important to start your preparations early. It will allow you to pay attention to all the important aspects of moving.
• Prepare a budget so that you can keep track of all the expenses.
• Decide whether you want to make a DIY move or you need the help of the seasoned professional.
• If you want to hire professionals, start your research. It may take a few weeks to find a reliable moving company in Adelaide.
• This is the right time to serve the move out notice to your landlord.
• Inform you kids about relocation and try to include them in the process.
• Prepare for declutter process. Make a list of unwanted stuff that you are ready to sell, donate or toss.
• It is also the right time to prepare your inventory list.
4 to 5 Weeks before Moving Day
This is a crucial phase of the preparations because you have to make sure that things are going as per the plans and at the right pace. Any delay during this time can make an impact on the moving day.
• If you are done with your research, Book the best removals company in Adelaide.
• Visit nearby liquor and grocery store to get moving boxes and also arrange other packing supplies.
• Organise a garage sale so sell the unwanted stuff like furniture, electronics, sports equipment and so on.
• It is the right time to transfer your utilities and change your address because it takes a few weeks.
• If you need the help of your friends and families on the moving day, then you should inform them.
• Start your packing process and start with the fragile items. You can also opt for the best packing services in Adelaide.
1 to 2 week before Moving Day
By this time, you should complete the majority of the task but do not relax if you have achieved that. There are several other things that need to get done during this time so focus on them.
• Contact the Adelaide removalists and remind them about the moving date.
• Talk to your kids and make sure they are doing fine. If they are facing any problem, try to resolve it.
• Look for a pet shelter and baby sitter so you can keep them safe on a moving day.
• Pack your moving kit and keep all the essential things that you will need immediately after the move.
• If possible, visit the new place with your family and explore your new surrounding before moving there.
2 Days before moving
You must finish all the time-consuming and challenging tasks by now. When you have 2 days, you need to make sure that you are wrapping up the entire packing process.
• Once you are done with packing, put a label on the boxes. It will help you to unload in an organised manner, and that will make your unpacking process easier.
• Keep valuables like documents, jewellery and cash in a separate bag and make sure it is with you.
• This is the right time to defrost your refrigerator and pack it carefully.
• Talk to your neighbours or new tenants and request them to forward your mails.
This is undoubtedly the most important day of the entire moving process. So you need to make sure that you start it early and complete it in a hassle-free manner.
• You must get up early on the moving day so you can start your preparations at the earliest.
• Thoroughly scan all the room and if you find anything is left out, pack it immediately.
• Even if you have book the best removalists in Adelaide, you need to coordinate with them.
• Ask your friends or family to take care of the kids and pet on the moving day to ensure their safety.
• To avoid any confusion, make sure the professionals have the right address with them.
If you want to accomplish your relocation without any stress and hassles, you need to make sure that you focus on all the important tasks and only a checklist can help you to do that. So, the next time you plan to move out, follow the checklist mentioned above. It will help you to make things a lot easier, and you will be able to carry it out in a much better way.