Moving to a new place is one of the most challenging tasks. It is an endlessly tiring chore which begins from the time the moving date is finalised. To accomplish it in a hassle-free manner, you need to do a lot of planning. However, it is essential to make the right plan at with the right timeline. Otherwise, it won’t be effective. The key to a successful move is to do a lot of research and start the preparation at least two months before the moving date.
People hire removalists in Adelaide to make the relocation process easy, but there are various other things that need to be taken care of. Here are some tasks that you should include in your moving plan. Have a look.
8 Weeks Before You Move
You should start your planning as soon as you get a moving date. There are numerous things that you need to include in the moving plan. Let us look at them.
• This is the ideal time to take one of the most critical decisions in the moving process. Decide whether you want to hire professional removalists in Adelaide or want to do the entire moving on your own.
• If you are living in a rented property, inform your landlord that you are moving after two months. Discuss your plan with the owner and think about how to get back the entire security deposit without any disputes.
• If you are planning to move, it is essential to know how much money you would roughly require. So, one of the first things you need to do is to prepare a budget. Analyse each factor of moving and then prepare a detailed budget.
• It is not easy to choose a reputed removal company in Adelaide. You need some time to identify the best one. So, start searching for experienced removalists who can accomplish the moving task without any hassles.
• Start making a plan to pack your belongings. Packing is the most complicated task in the moving process to start the preparation as soon as possible. Make a comprehensive inventory list of each room of your house.
6 Weeks Before You Move
Once you have started with the basic planning, it is time to enter the advanced level of preparation. In this phase, you must ensure that the previous plans are on the right track, and you also start working on the new ones. In this timeline, consider the following tasks.
• If you are not hiring professional removalists in Adelaide, moving boxes can be costly. Usually, people buy them or rent them. But if you want to save some money, get the boxes for free. There are numerous places where you can get the boxes for free.
• To accomplish your moving process, you need to have a checklist, particularly when you are doing it on your own. This checklist will help you to make a plan and execute them perfectly. You will also get an idea about your progress from time to time.
• If you are not opting for professionals, you should think about booking a rental truck. It may take some time to find a reliable service provider, so start looking for it at least six weeks before your move.
• This is the right time to change your postal address because the procedure might take some time. Do not delay the crucial task. Otherwise, you might need to visit your old place a few times for collection of your mails. Forward your request to the respective department.
• If your new place is a couple of hours drive, then it will be a fantastic idea to visit your new house with your family. This way, you will get a little familiar with the new place, and moving process will be a bit easy.
4 Weeks Before You Move
When the moving date is just a month away, you should spend maximum time on packing. You also need to make sure that your moving procedure is going on in an organised manner. In this period, consider doing the following tasks.
• You must have already made a list of all your belongings. Now identify the irrelevant things and get rid of them. Organise a garage sale and earn some money. You can also donate or throw away the other things. This way, you can reduce your packing time, effort and overall transport cost.
• If you are not hiring removalists in Adelaide, you must contact your family members and close friends and ask for their help on your moving day.
• It is essential to transfer your utilities at the right time. One month is sufficient time to forward your request. Do not delay the formalities; otherwise, you might not get the essential services in the first couple of days at your new place.
• Contact professional cleaners so that they can clean your rental property thoroughly. Contact them in advance so that you can hire reputed and experienced cleaners. Do not forget that thorough cleaning is essential to get back the bond.
• As you are in the middle of your packing, do not forget to pack your moving day kit. This kit should contain all the essential things that you may require during the first few days in your new home. Such things include a pair of extra clothes, medicines, paper towels, brush, shaving kit, essential documents and all.
2 Weeks Before You Move
By this time, you should have completed all the major packing. At this point of time, you need to look at all the things you have planned and how far you have executed your planning perfectly. And if you find there is something that requires your immediate attention, then go for it.
• If you have hired seasoned removalists in Adelaide, it is time to contact them and remind them about the moving out day. This way, you can ensure that everything is going as per the plan.
• This is the right time to contact the officials of your current utility service and talk to them about the specific date when you want to disconnect your services. Also, talk to your future utility companies and remind them about the date you are moving.
• If you have any food supplies that you won’t take with you, then this is the right time to use it. This way, you will be able to finish them on time.
• If you are planning to send your pet to any daycare, contact a nearby centre and talk to them about it. Book your moving date with them so that you can send your pet there.
If you follow the moving plan as mentioned above, you will find that you are ready to move to your new place a couple of days before the actual moving date. The more preparation you do before the moving date, the less stressful you will be during the move.
• Coordinate with your Adelaide removalists to load all your belongings. If you have friends or family members, take their help to load all your moving boxes into the truck.
• Check the inventory list with the labels of the boxes to double-check all the items you are moving.
• If you have already cleaned the property with the help of professional cleaners, contact your landlord and hand over the keys. Talk about the security deposit.
It is always good to have some guidance when you are relocating. The tasks mentioned here will help you make your ultimate moving plan. Always remember that the more time you will invest in your planning, the easier it will become on the last day. There are numerous things that you need to take care of while moving, and lack of preparation will make things challenging. So follow the ultimate moving plan and timeline.