Moving to a new place can be very stressful and overwhelming at times. From the booking of professionals, decluttering and packing your stuff to address changes, and utility transfer, you have to perform several tasks simultaneously. If you fail to carry out all these tasks perfectly and at the right time, it can create a lot of confusion. That can lead to chaos on the moving day. Therefore it is crucial to prepare a checklist systematically and stick to it.
To avoid unnecessary stress and hassle, many people prefer to contact experienced removalists in Adelaide. The professionals can take care of the most complex and time-consuming task – packing and loading of your items. It will make the moving process a lot easier.
However, there are many more things that you need to do and, more importantly, at the right time. If you want to make a perfect checklist for the relocation, then you need some guidance. It will help you to carry out the task without any kind of stress.
Read on to know more about the ultimate moving day count down checklist.
The success of the relocation largely depends on how much time you got for your preparations and how well you have planned your move. The more time you will get, the better planning and preparation you will have. Therefore, it is advisable that you should ideally start your preparation eight weeks before you move.
• Prepare a budget: It will help you to keep track of your expenses.
• Choose your approach: Decide whether you want a DIY move or professional help.
• Start your research: If you are opting for professionals, start looking for a reliable company.
• Give notice: If you are a tenant, it is advisable to notify your owners as early as possible.
• Inform your kids: Moving can be difficult for the kids, so talk to them and tell them why it is a good idea.
• Sort your belongings: Before your start packing for a move, decide what you want to keep, sell, donate and throw.
• Arrange Boxes and Packing Supplies: Visit liquor, grocery, electronics, etc., store to get cardboard boxes for free.
It is the most important phase of the preparations because you perform vital tasks that hugely affect your moving process. You also need to ensure that things are going at the right pace and according to your plans. Focus on the following task during this time.
• Book professionals: Once you are done with research, book the best removalists in Adelaide.
• Organise garage sale: Sell the unwanted items and use the money to cover your expense.
• Start packing: You should start you packing at least four weeks before moving.
• Inform friends and family: They can be helpful in various ways, so inform them in advance.
• Transfer utilities and change address: The process can take some time, so it is the right time to forward your request.
• Look for a babysitter and pet shelter: In case your family and friends are not available, professionals will help you out.
You should complete most of your packing and other essential tasks by this time, but there are still some tasks that you need to do during this time. The task will ensure that the final phase of the preparation can also be done without any stress or hassle.
• Remind professionals: If you have booked a professional removals company in Adelaide, remind them about the date.
• Talk to your kids: Do not overlook the kids and make sure they are happy with the on-going process.
• Collect supplies to clean home: It is essential to clean the property, so collect the supplies in advance.
• Pack moving kit: Do not forget to pack a bag of essentials like medicines, chargers, toothbrush, etc.
• Visit new place: If possible, visit the new place with family and explore it. It will help to settle down smoothly.
When you are only a couple of days away from your move, you should complete only those specific tasks you cannot perform in advance. Focus on the following task during this time.
• Clean the property: You can either clean it on your own or contact cleaners.
• Label your boxes: After packing your box, make sure you label the boxes to avoid confusion.
• Pack your refrigerator: Defrost your refrigerator and pack the appliance perfectly.
• Pack your valuables: Stuff like jewellery, cash, etc., are valuable, so pack them separately and keep them with you.
• Talk to your neighbours: Before you leave, talk to the neighbours request them to forward any mails.
Your relocation day is the most important day of the entire relocation process. All your focus should be on the safety of your belongings as well as your kids and pets. You might be done with all the preparation, but the moving day also has some chores that will help you to move effortlessly.
• Check your home: Thoroughly check every room properly one last time.
• Keep your kids and pets safe: Either you stay with them or ask a friend to get the job done.
• Double-check the address: Make sure the driver of the truck have the right address.
• Leave as early as possible: Start your journey early, so you reach the destination on time.
To complete your relocation perfectly, you need to perform all the important tasks perfectly and on time. For that, you must follow the checklist, which is mentioned above. It will help you to set your priorities and carry out all the tasks in a systematic manner. As a result, will be able to focus on every minute detail of the process and avoid any unpleasant surprises.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE