Home relocation is one life’s most stressful events, especially during COVID-19 pandemic. Apart from preparing household belongings for a move, you need to take care of your family’s health and maintain social distancing to prevent the spread of this deadly disease during the moving process.
Making small efforts and keeping yourself aware of the situation can help you a lot. The best thing you can do is to hire certified removalists in Adelaide who can offer you contact-free service and take care of your belongings throughout the journey.
However, health experts are recommending people to stay safe in their homes and delay the relocation plans. If you are in an emergency and have no other option than a house move, then you might have questions in your mind.
Here are some common or frequently asked questions along with their answers that will clear all your doubts if you are moving during Coronavirus pandemic.
1. Is it safe to relocate home during COVID-19?
With more than 4 million active cases all around the world, COVID-19 has become a global pandemic that has affected 210 countries. According to the health experts, you should wash your hands properly for 20 seconds, clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and maintain social distancing.
It is important to take precautions if you want to ensure a safe and sound move. You can contact an experienced removal company in Adelaide who can handle the process in the safest possible way.
You can search for the best company and ask them whether they are operating their standard moving service during COVID-19 outbreak or not. Also, make sure they take all precautions carefully while packing your stuff and bring the sanitised moving truck.
2. What Should I Ask Removals Company to Ensure They Can Handle My Relocation Safely?
You can ask the following questions during this pandemic before making the final decision:
• Can you provide virtual estimates?
• Do You Use Disinfected packing materials, moving equipment and trucks clean?
• Are your movers come equipped with masks, gloves and hand sanitisers?
• What are other measures being taken to ensure the complete safety of your customers?
• What is your rescheduling or cancellation policy?
3. Can I Move to the Other States and Regional Territories in Australia?
Most states and territories have restricted border access and allowing exceptions for emergency services only. South Australia has introduced border closures that need anyone arriving in South Australia to self-isolate for 14 days. If you are moving due to any emergency, you can visit Australia.gov.au and look for ‘State and Territory Government Information’ to clear your doubts.
4. Can I Pack Belongings on my Own?
If you want an extra piece of mind, then you can pack your belongings on your own. You can use blankets, bedsheets and buy moving boxes, bubble wraps, packing paper, etc from a reliable company who can give you quality products. Make sure you disinfect all your belongings before packing them into the boxes.
Tip: You can also hire professional Adelaide Removalists who can take care of your belongings during the packing process without even coming in contact with you.
5. Do I Need to Take Any Precautions During my Move?
It is important for everyone who is planning a move during COVID-19 to follow basic protocol and safety guidelines. Family’s health should be your topmost priority, so try to avoid interacting directly with the moving team. You can take the following precautions seriously while moving your house:
• Maintain a Six-foot distance from removalists and drivers when they reach your place.
• Clean and disinfect commonly touched areas as well as items such as doorknobs, sinks, light switches, door pulls and handles using a cleaning product that has at least 70% of alcohol.
• Allocate an area where your moving team can wash and dry their hands at regular intervals to stop the spread of the virus.
• Wear mask and gloves if you are interacting with your moving team.
• Clean and disinfect furniture that is being relocated before the arrival of your movers.
• Pack disinfected stuff in boxes or packing paper to keep the germs at bay.
• Don’t forget to dispose of all packaging materials once you reach your new home.
6. How to Ensure my Items Are not Infected After the Move?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. However, it is impossible to know what is clean and what is infected, you can do the trick to prevent your family from the virus,
First, move your belongings and then move along with your family into the new place 72 hours later. It is because COVID-19 virus stays active on cardboard surfaces for 24 hours, plastic and steel surfaces for 2 to 3 days, and aluminium surfaces for 8 hours.
7. Do I need to Self-Isolate Once I Have Moved into my New Place?
Whether you are moving locally or across the state, you will be required to self-isolate once you reach your new house. There are different guidelines in different states and moving situations. But as a responsible citizen, you should home quarantine your entire family for 14 days.
Don’t forget to thoroughly clean and disinfect every nook and cranny of your new home and dispose of packing materials carefully to avoid the spread of any virus.
These are some commonly asked questions about moving during COVID-19 pandemic along with their relevant answer. If you do not have any option than home relocation, then keep the basic protocols of social distancing and proper personal hygiene in mind. Also, consider hiring trained removalists in Adelaide who can move your belongings in a safe and secure environment.